Wednesday 14 March 2018

Old Labels Story

Hello! Another disclosure from Robert Stevens Mango here! Rich told me he thinks it would be a good idea to write a story from our past here on the blogspot, so that's what I'm going to do...

I'm going to tell you about the story that definately turned us on to music in the first place, me and Rich are roommates (and have been since 2007) and back in the day we were in contact with a bootleg guy, he'd sell albums on CDs and whatnot, he carried them all around in a big binder with draft titles all over them, sometimes they weren't the right labels but we always got something interesting to listen to: but one time we bought something from him it was a P!NK album that we had both been wanting to listen to, and this night was special in that we went out together and got drinks (we usually stay inside all day and listen to cds) so we were kind of drunk on this beer called "Venom beer", as we were listening to the first few songs we thought we heard that it sounded totally different and all the drums were replaced with this weird polyryhtmic snare rhythm and we noticed a lot of the instruments now sounded like snakes, and it was like a snake cover version of this P!INK album, and we've always wondered where the hell that bootleg man got the disc from...






















This is my artists interpretation of what the CD used to look like, I made this in photoshop, but honestly the memory is very hypnotic and blurry, I always remember a pair of clutching fangs pouring purple poison though...

It was a very funny time for me and Rich, it was :-) We used to sit around the cd player with coors beers and listen to it for fun; any oracle could've told me having a roomate was the truest way to be happy....

Peace, everyone, and they'll be more news from the BBJNRJR crew soon I'm sure: I've been putting the effort in to find some of those old cds! Me and Rich have been talking about releasing osmething we found frmo the old works of (2009) titled 'Silver Surfer'

- Robert Stevens Mango

No comments:

Post a Comment